Starship Troopers: Terran Command is a real-time strategy video game. It was developed by The Artistocrats and published by Slitherine Software. It is set in the Starship Troopers film universe. The game released June 16th, 2022. The game was announced on December 2nd, 2019, and at that time was said to have been in development for two years.
Terran Command is a real time strategy game. Players will control Mobile Infantry troops in planetary campaigns against the Arachnids. The game is focused on military actions, and thus does not focus on resource gathering and base building as many RTS games do. Instead, the player is tasked with tactical management of resources.
The player will be able to choose various upgrades for their forces, and develop weapons such as power armor suits and Marauders.
Terran Command features true line-of-sight and line-of-fire mechanics, meaning that the elevation and topography of the battlefield will be a tactical factor in the game.
Although the events of the game are set following the Battle of Klendathu, the game is set on a mining planet name Kwalasha.
The developers have stated that the game is being designed as a single player game, and there are no plans to add multiplayer elements in the future. In addition to the campaign, a skirmish mode is planned. The developers stated an interest in a scenario editor and modding support, although they are not committed to these at this point. There are no current plans to make the Arachnids playable, however, the developers mentioned that they are considering it in the future.
- The title presumably references a previous strategy video game, Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy.
- The game will feature licensed music from the first film along with original music.
- Slitherine to debut new PC game Starship Troopers - Terran Command in 2020
- Starship Troopers - Terran Command - Slitherine
- Starship Troopers: Terran Command announced -The Artistocrats
- Starship Troopers - Terran Command on Steam