Starship Troopers film
Zim served as a drill instructor at Camp Currie until the attack on Buenos Aires by a Bug Meteor; after which he chose to fight even if it meant he had to fall back to Private so that he could serve in combat against the Bugs.
Later on Planet P, Zim successfully captured the Brain Bug after it is sighted by Johnny, Carmen and several Roughnecks soldiers. Johnny and Carl congratulate Zim who is being surrounded by many troopers in celebration.
After Johnny congratulated him on a good job, and saying his former rank of Sergeant, Zim corrected him that he was a Private. The now Lieutenant Rico only smirked and told the former Drill Instructor to carry on, prompting Zim to salute him, and celebrate with the Troopers on their victory.
- It was intended for Zim to appear in Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation, but Brown was unavailable due to Carnivàle, so the character Captain Dax was created.
- Zim was mentioned in Starship Troopers: Invasion (alive). Zim is possibly retired from the military and opened a bar or restaurant. Johnny Rico mentioned that after Carmen completes her mission, they should meet up at "Zim's".
- The point of showing the Drill Instructor was the one who captured the key objective, was to symbolize that training is the key matter, not a fancy new weapon.
- Starship Troopers (1997 film)
- Per actor according to Clancy Brown - Biography - IMDb