Starship Troopers novel
Klendathu is the homeworld of Pseudo-Arachnid. The planet has many Warriors and Workers all over its surface. However, its Brains and Queens live deep underground and are capable of surviving an invasion by the Federal Military.
Starship Troopers anime
Glendathu (グレンダツウ Grendatsū) is a planet in the Glendathu System. It is covered with massive protophyte jungle. It's said to be the home planet or an advance base of the Extraterrestrial life form.
Starship Troopers film
- "It's an ugly planet; a Bug planet. A planet hostile to life as we know it."
- —FedNet Correspondant[src]
The planet orbits a twin star system; one blue and one yellow. It has two moons and borders an asteroid belt that has an unlimited surplus of asteroids that are presumably the remains of Klendathu's twin world. The surface of the planet contains a breathable atmosphere but is arid and extremely mountainous.
After the destruction of a Terran capital city on Earth, Buenos Aires, Sky Marshal Dienes launches a full scale invasion of Klendathu — which ended in disaster, costing over 308,000 Mobile Infantry their lives, the destruction of several ships and damage of many others.
Would You Like to Know More?
- In Starship Troopers: The Miniatures Game, there were just over 300,000 Mobile Infantry deployed to the planet's surface, which would mean the losses were near total. This is conjecture however, as the game attempts to reconcile the novel, Roughnecks TV series, and movies into one cohesive and completely separate universe by borrowing elements from each.
- Starship Troopers Memorial Handbook
- Starship Troopers episode "Carmencita"